Personal accident insurance
FAW group policy for registered Comet system members
The FAW have arranged a group policy to cover to provide personal accident insurance for those registered on the Comet system.
- The policy is operative from 1 July 2021, or date of registration, whichever is the later, to 30 June 2022, both dates inclusive.
- Cover is obtained through registration on the FAW Comet System
- Cover is operative at any ground or premises worldwide (subject to exclusions) where there is an agreed fixture or training and includes travelling directly to and from such activities. Cover is also provided at club social events (subject to exclusions).
- The FAW will provide registered members with an Evidence of Cover and Policy Wording.
Who is covered?
- Members registered on the FAW Comet system only.
- Cover is effective from the date the Comet membership is completed up to and including 30th June 2022.
- Adult players – Aged 16 and above (inc Welsh Premier) defined as someone that is 16 or older on 01.10.2021
- Youth players – Aged 15 or below (inc Soccer Tots) defined as someone that is 6 to 15 on 01.10.2021. NOTE: U6s automatically insured with no requirement to register on Comet.
- Referees, Coaches, Managers, Trainers.Defined as someone that is 75 or younger on 01.10.2021.
- Employees and Officials of the FAW, Area Associations, Leagues and Clubs.
- Players, Referees, Coaches, Managers and Trainers - Up to 55 years on 01.10.2021. Persons aged 55 years until attainment of 75 years on 01.10.2021 are insured on reduced benefits.
- Employees and Officials of the FAW, Area Associations, Leagues and Clubs up to 75 years of age on 01.10.2021. Persons aged over 75 years are insured on reduced benefits.
Insured categories (so long as registered on Comet)
- Welsh Premier teams - insured for personal accident, only exception is the Temporary Total Disablement benefit will not apply for players where their sole employment is football.
- Adult 11 Aside teams – “Saturday League Football”.
- Youth Football.
- Futsal. If a player wants to play both traditional 11 aside and futsal they are required to separately register for each category on the Comet system.
- Teams playing in the English Non-League Pyramid.
- Womens and Girls Football.
- U19s Development League.
- Youth trial or training - no cover for temporary members (adult or youths) unless registered on Comet.
- Dual Membership – only sanctioned competitions.
- U6s including Soccer Tots are automatically insured (with no requirement to register on Comet). The club would be required to maintain a register of the players including their name, DOB, contact details and a record of the sessions they have attended.
Categories that are NOT INSURED
- Small Sided.
- Vets Teams.
- Disability / Power Chair Football.
- Walking Football.
- Sunday League Football.
- Rep Teams.
- Schools Football.
- Huddle Participation.
- Youth Trial or training – no cover for temporary members (Adult or youths) unless registered on Comet.
- Welsh College teams.
View a summary of the cover provided for registered Comet members.