MAKING A PERSONAL ACCIDENT CLAIM
Guidance and advice
If you have registered via the FAW Comet system and suffer an injury during the policy operative time, please follow these simple steps to make a claim:
How to report a claim
- Step 1: Download and complete a FAW Personal Accident Claim Form
- Step 2: Return the fully completed form:
By post to: Football Claims Team, Woodgate & Clark Ltd, 42 Kings Hill Avenue, Kings Hill, West Malling ME19 4AJ
By email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The claims handlers (Woodgate & Clark) will contact you with your unique claims reference number within 14 working days of receiving your completed claim form. If an email address is provided they will use this method to communicate with you whilst dealing with your claim.
To ensure that your claim can be dealt with efficiently, please ensure that:
- you have answered every question before your doctor completes his statement;
- you have enclosed all requested information /documentation;
- you have signed the claim form;
- the club secretary or a club official has signed the claim form;
- your attending doctor fully completes the statement.
To ensure benefits are paid promptly, there is the option on the claim form to elect for payment to be made by BACS, so please ensure this section of the claim form is completed, if this is the preferred payment method.
Finally, we strongly recommend that a copy of all paperwork and correspondence sent to Woodgate & Clark is retained.